22" OEM Bridgestone balancing issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rubio42

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Good day,

Purchased a 2022 YUKON XL with the 22" package. At about 1.5k miles I took the vehicle to the dealership for a decent amount of vibration and as I suspected the tires were not balanced properly.

Took a 280 miles trip and noticed again that in most road surface and at about 75-90 MPH there is a slight amount of vibration still.

Is anyone having the same problems/issues? Waiting for the 5k oil change to bring these issue among a couple of other things to the service advisor.

Been a Michelin person for a long time, however, do not wanna come out of pocket for a set of tires on a new vehicle.

Thanks

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bring it back ASAP. You could have a bad tire that no amount of balancing will fix. Tires and balancing are only covered until 7500 miles so you don't want to wait until the last minute.

R32driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I too would bring it back in asap. And have them actually drive it around a bit to make sure it’s fixed. I had to insist the service department at our local dealer drive our ‘11 suburban around a bunch to figure out an issue we were having. They put nearly 100 miles on it before they figured it out

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Take it to a local tire shop that has a Road Force tire balancing machine. They will either get it balanced properly, or tell you what the source of the problem is.

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All GM dealers have a Roadforce tire balancer. Why take it somewhere and pay when it’s under warranty?

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
All GM dealers have a Roadforce tire balancer. Why take it somewhere and pay when it’s under warranty?
Warranty applies only if the dealer confirms that there is a defect, and so far, this dealer seems unwilling to make that confirmation.

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Uhh. No. He’s been in one time. If he’s been in multiple times and they still can’t get it, then I might agree.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good day,

Purchased a 2022 YUKON XL with the 22" package. At about 1.5k miles I took the vehicle to the dealership for a decent amount of vibration and as I suspected the tires were not balanced properly.

Took a 280 miles trip and noticed again that in most road surface and at about 75-90 MPH there is a slight amount of vibration still.

Is anyone having the same problems/issues? Waiting for the 5k oil change to bring these issue among a couple of other things to the service advisor.

Been a Michelin person for a long time, however, do not wanna come out of pocket for a set of tires on a new vehicle.

Thanks

Bring it back ASAP. You could have a bad tire that no amount of balancing will fix. Tires and balancing are only covered until 7500 miles so you don't want to wait until the last minute.

^^^This. You can balance a square, but that doesn't mean it'll roll smoothly.

OP
OP
R

rubio42

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks a lot for all your input. Will schedule an appointment with the dealership right away IOT get to the bottom of this. Just wanted to know if anyone had experience something similar and what the problem was.

OP
OP
R

rubio42

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I too would bring it back in asap. And have them actually drive it around a bit to make sure it’s fixed. I had to insist the service department at our local dealer drive our ‘11 suburban around a bunch to figure out an issue we were having. They put nearly 100 miles on it before they figured it out
What was the issue you had on yours?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helmetgurus