22" OEM Bridgestone balancing issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s a hit or miss thing. They order so many of these tires some bad ones slip through. It happens.

R32driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What was the issue you had on yours?
bad torque converter. I knew something was wrong because I drove it all the time but I had to basically convince the service department there was a problem because they couldn't replicate the issue in their 5 minute drive around the block

H1Chester

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am not a big fan of Discount Tire (another story for another time) but they did help me out in identifying a trash set of Nitto N420’s that Custom Offsets knowingly but would not admit sending me.

hjrecla

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Good day,

Purchased a 2022 YUKON XL with the 22" package. At about 1.5k miles I took the vehicle to the dealership for a decent amount of vibration and as I suspected the tires were not balanced properly.

Took a 280 miles trip and noticed again that in most road surface and at about 75-90 MPH there is a slight amount of vibration still.

Is anyone having the same problems/issues? Waiting for the 5k oil change to bring these issue among a couple of other things to the service advisor.

Been a Michelin person for a long time, however, do not wanna come out of pocket for a set of tires on a new vehicle.

Thanks
Welcome to the club. I have a 2021 Tahoe Texas Edition with 22” Bridgestone Alenza tires. I now have 19k miles on these tires which are still vibrating. They have been road force balanced four times by the dealer. The GM rep also came and did his analysis with seismometer measurements. Said all vibrations are within GM specs. The dealer even let me drive another Tahoe having the same wheels and tires as a comparison. Both had the same vibrations. Out of frustration, I suggested replacing the Bridgestones with a set of Michelin Defenders on the vehicle and I would gladly pay the difference between the two sets minus the percentage of my use of the current tires. The GM rep said no deal. So, after all this, I’m still not happy to have to drive my Tahoe with this vibration especially since the dealer promised complete customer satisfaction. I did consult with an independent tire company who told me that they get customers like me all the time. They said that even if they did road force balance the tires and found the tires defective and should be replaced, GM probably won’t honor that. Not sure what to do next, but I know I don’t want to drive my Tahoe with the way it vibrates. Why would GM want to sell such a high costs vehicle with cheap tires?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
T2003