24" rim question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry Felix, after reading all that all I saw was "GF wears the pants and I did what she wanted.". LOL

Just giving you shit bro!

Ha! Honestly, i'm trying to pawn my car off to her so I can get a Denali. LOL. And no, I DEF wear the pants, i'm just giving myself excuses to get give her the car now haha.

---------- Post added at 04:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:25 PM ----------

Yeah, but aside from that, why'd you get rid of them?

>joking!<

Wow. Well, see, you tend to think like I do about this. It's a snowball effect with the wheels and brakes and ride, etc. I don't know that I want to get into a brake kit, and I'd feel like I'd have to with 24"s.

And, I really don't want the ride to go to hell. It's really comfortable as it is.

Thanks for the info/insight!

"Snowball affect" would def be the right word lol. Yea I feel you on that... Bigger rims = drop + BBK + trimming + cut this, cut that, trim this, bla bla bla.. THEN the LTZ issue with "AutoRide specific links"... yea it's basically a guessing game so no thanks... factory oem 22's look good enough. One thing I -AM- doing is leveling the car. Either your new 1" ReadyLift for the front or 2" rear drop. I haven't decided... decisions decisions....

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you do a 1" ready lift to the front you'll need bigger tires IMO to fill the gap. IMO I'd do the 2" rear drop....

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you do a 1" ready lift to the front you'll need bigger tires IMO to fill the gap. IMO I'd do the 2" rear drop....

I know and I need new tires soon so it would all really work out. The width of the 305 is so much more attractive then a 295 or 285. If I get the ready lift it might not rub on the 305's. Have you seen KMeloney's ride? it looks sick!

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ha! Thanks! I don't know about "sick" -- but at least the rake isn't a distraction anymore.

And I don't agree that you "need" wheels with a front lift and not with a rear drop. I'd say that the opposite is true. But, either way, I'd definitely like to replace the stockers.

The only things I'd caution anyone about with the rear drop is having to monkey with the autoride links to get the rear just right (unless you get lucky with your first adjustment), and your rear lift gate will be a lot lower when it's open (read: you'll have to duck under it to access the rear). It looks great, but so does the front lift.

jaseshep

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My bro, fireman297, is running 24's with 295 35/24 and he has never had a problem with rubbing. That is what I am looking for to run on my new Hoe.

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey guys got a quick question. I got a 11 Denali and it has the 22" rims on it now....however I wanna get 24" ones. Will the 24s fit without having any rubbing problems?

24" with 295/35/24 and +20mm offset ... had a tiny bit of rub on full lock and reverse.

+1 to what Felix said also ... go with 22"s, your brakes and power steering will thank you.

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
24" with 295/35/24 and +20mm offset ... had a tiny bit of rub on full lock and reverse.

+1 to what Felix said also ... go with 22"s, your brakes and power steering will thank you.

Haha yea my brakes and power steering definitely thanked me after I went from 24" to 22". I'm still questioning what looks better... 2" rear drop or the 1" readylift for the front...

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Haha yea my brakes and power steering definitely thanked me after I went from 24" to 22". I'm still questioning what looks better... 2" rear drop or the 1" readylift for the front...

Don't level the front felix ... your ride is too elegant for that imho. I don't think the slightly 'off-roadish' look will go well with the chrome/escalade details and those beautiful rims.

Either leave it as is or do the 2" rear drop. :waytogo: