24 Tahoe 6.2L - Flashing Engine Light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Steveo123

Reaction score
Your powertrain warranty is 5 years, 60k miles, so if it is engine internals, you are covered...for a bit more.

It is useful to take a video of the issue happening that also includes the mileage...you can use this to your advantage (aside from the danger of running your ride while using phone), have someone else take the video.
Yes, had video of the light flashing and video of checking the codes with my scanner. They don’t care.

They kept it for almost a month and they only fixed the oil pan gasket leak and did not address any other concerns. Misfire, rattling exhaust and a clicking cv axle they told me could not replicate.

After only putting 100 miles and a week of having it back got a message on the dash “ Service transmission now unable to shift soon “ so had GM roadside tow it back to them last week and they still never looked at it. Don’t know if they did something to it in the time they had it or just coincidence.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, had video of the light flashing and video of checking the codes with my scanner. They don’t care.

They kept it for almost a month and they only fixed the oil pan gasket leak and did not address any other concerns. Misfire, rattling exhaust and a clicking cv axle they told me could not replicate.

After only putting 100 miles and a week of having it back got a message on the dash “ Service transmission now unable to shift soon “ so had GM roadside tow it back to them last week and they still never looked at it. Don’t know if they did something to it in the time they had it or just coincidence.
Time for a conversation with the service manager and the dealer general manager. And if that doesn’t work, a convo w GM and a new dealer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tahoe nate