2nd Annual TYF Meet - Palm Beach International Raceway

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:secret:

jus walked in the door a min ago, crap all night tho.
weather was perfect, got in abunch of runs probably 6-7 by 9:30, then seemed like every other car broke until i had enough waiting and left. just couldnt put down good numbers, 13.1xx all night 1.8x 60s

OP
OP
swathdiver

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:secret:

jus walked in the door a min ago, crap all night tho.
weather was perfect, got in abunch of runs probably 6-7 by 9:30, then seemed like every other car broke until i had enough waiting and left. just couldnt put down good numbers, 13.1xx all night 1.8x 60s

Think it was the track or the cool air throwing it off? Was it a little lean?

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Really have only been making up time on the 60' , mph has topped off. I think rear shocks are beat they been on over a year and plenty of hard miles. Could probably keep chasing better 60s but if I can get it to cut consistent 1.7s I'd be happy-new rear shocks and lighter front spring will hopefully put me there..... but it's really just time for power

OP
OP
swathdiver

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Really have only been making up time on the 60' , mph has topped off. I think rear shocks are beat they been on over a year and plenty of hard miles. Could probably keep chasing better 60s but if I can get it to cut consistent 1.7s I'd be happy-new rear shocks and lighter front spring will hopefully put me there..... but it's really just time for power

Yeah, that sounds good for dialing in the sixty foot. Are you going to supercharge it or put in a 4" crankshaft?

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, that sounds good for dialing in the sixty foot. Are you going to supercharge it or put in a 4" crankshaft?

not going to touch this engine. i had thought about at the least putting in a more boost friendly cam but im just going to throw something on it and start savin my pennies for a built longblock from tsp/thompson/whoevers hot next year. it should handle a little bit of boost for a few months.
and prob turbo just to be different, quiet down the exhaust, cast manifolds to quiet down the valvetrain noise. baby t6 /maybe twins dunno something that i wont hhave to change hot pipes later on

Last edited:

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@swathdiver

No can do until after the New Year. Busy working. Maybe something in later January. Truck parked for a few weeks ATM. ;)

OP
OP
swathdiver

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I see that the New Year Nationals now encompasses Friday night's test & tune. The ad for the nationals says they'll be running $25 tech cards from 4 pm to 10 pm with gates/tech opening at 10 am. I'll call tomorrow. It'll be busier with less potential for making runs if it is open. Maybe we should go to plan B and run January 4th?

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I see that the New Year Nationals now encompasses Friday night's test & tune. The ad for the nationals says they'll be running $25 tech cards from 4 pm to 10 pm with gates/tech opening at 10 am. I'll call tomorrow. It'll be busier with less potential for making runs if it is open. Maybe we should go to plan B and run January 4th?

January 4th is okay with me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dapdapdap