2wd to 4wd transmission

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Trey Hardy

Trey Hardy

8” fabtech icon coilovers uniballs 24x14on35/15.50
Reaction score
Do you have a 2WD or 4WD truck?

If you have a 2WD, what are you mentioning transfer case as your truck wouldn't have a transfer case?

Your pictures above appear to show a 2WD application.
Yea my truck is 2wd but my parts truck is a 4wd avalanche
Since it’s such a hassle to convert the 4wd transmission to a 2wd could I just throw the 4wd transmission and transfer case in and swap the driveshafts out
With the transfer case left in 2wd and the front driveshaft removed wouldn’t that work? Or no?
Sorry to be such a ******* here I’m just trying to come up with a somewhat simple/cheap solution but I think it’s just going to boil down to a new 2wd transmission

NickTransmissions

Sin City
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea my truck is 2wd but my parts truck is a 4wd avalanche
Since it’s such a hassle to convert the 4wd transmission to a 2wd could I just throw the 4wd transmission and transfer case in and swap the driveshafts out
With the transfer case left in 2wd and the front driveshaft removed wouldn’t that work? Or no?
Sorry to be such a ******* here I’m just trying to come up with a somewhat simple/cheap solution but I think it’s just going to boil down to a new 2wd transmission
I'd install a 2WD transmission.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhrusso925

Latest posts