3/5 drop win Autoride

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ltdan

Reaction score
I was looking into lowering with Autoride myself, and saw someone talking about having the Autoride RPO code removed from the BCM to keep from throwing codes when you remove the parts. Pulling a fuse seems much simpler though.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Alex33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's an interesting looking list of parts. I would suggest you get in touch with him to see what is still available. I can say that based on the "conventional" items available, a 4/6 keeping autoride is difficult and would require relocating and fabricating some suspension items. Of course anything is possible with enough time, money and skill.

Alex33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
tried looking for the ist stuff and no luck

My guess is they are a performance shop local to that owner. Either way, it's not a mass produced product at this time. Are you familiar with how the autoride system on these trucks works? If you are, you can find a way to make it work but there may be a little trial and error and $$$ involved when you start relocating brackets and modifying parts. It is certainly possible to keep your autoride, but there is a lot involved in re-engineering the system. That is why most of us eventually take most of the equipment off our trucks when we decide to go low.

a4edwin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i just like the idea of it leveling out on it's own and not having to get out and eyeball if its level then filling up with air.

Alex33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i just like the idea of it leveling out on it's own and not having to get out and eyeball if its level then filling up with air.

I'm curious what you mean by this statement. It sounds like you plan on running an adjustable suspension and you think the autoride equipment will keep the truck level left to right and front to back. If that is what you are saying, that's not how the system works. The rear does have air bladders on the shocks which will level out the rear of the truck relative to the front when towing or hauling a heavy load, the front shocks have a fluid with magnetic particles that firm up the front as needed depending on road conditions and whether you are towing or hauling but does not adjust the height up front.

The autoride setup does not lift or lower the entire truck.

If you want something to keep the truck level from left to right and front to back, you should look into a product like the LevelPro from AirRide Tech. That sounds like it more suits what you want to do. However, it's not inexpensive.

All this to repeat my last post. It is possible to adapt the existing autoride setup to a lowered vehicle, but it does require some research and work on your part and it could be more work than it's worth if you don't have the resources.

If I misread your post, I apologize. It would be possible to run a non adjustable shock and add some type of air spring or air assist that ties into the existing air lines, however I'm not sure how you could get that all to work without the sensors on the shocks. I assume some type of resistor or relay could be added to fool the system into thinking everything is functional.

Last edited:

a4edwin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i'm concerned about keeping the rear level with the front like when towing or packing the truck up with family. i really wanna go low and there's nothing worse than having a saggy rear. i just want something that will keep me level front to back automatically.

Alex33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I gotcha Edwin, it's much clearer now. My recommendation would be an air assist setup with a switch, compressor and a gauge. Mount the compressor in a location of your choice, use the in-spring helper bags that a lot of us run and install a switch and a gauge in the cabin. I can say that depending on what you tow/haul, you'll find that a certain psi will consistently get you a specific ride height, i.e. you tow a 4500lb boat, 45psi keeps your rear at 34".

You may need to do some measuring initially but once you know where it rides, you'll never have to get out and "eyeball" it. I hope this helps.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
move the rear sensor down make the links 1.5 inches long done deal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tahoe nate