4/6 drop on z71

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cb450r

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi all, been on this site for a bit but don't really post until now. I have purchased and am in the process of installing Tony's 4-5/6 drop kit along with the spohn kit.
So far the install has been pretty straight forward with only a couple minor snags. I finally was able to button up the rear of the truck after receiving my energy sway bar bushings but I have questions/concerns for those of you that have this kit or the relocation kit for the bar. I have maybe a 2mm gap between the passenger side shock and sway bar. Is this normal or am I missing something here? Seems like it will most def hit when driving the truck. Also the relocation of the driver side mount seems like it might be unstable sitting halfway in the round indent of the spring pocket. Any insight I on these issues? I'll get photos and keep you all posted on progress if you like.

Last edited:

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
normal... it's a VERY small gap, but mine does not hit.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hi all, been on this site for a bit but don't really post until now. I have purchased and am in the process of installing Tony's 4-5/6 drop kit along with the spohn kit.
So far the install has been pretty straight forward with only a couple minor snags. I finally was able to button up the rear of the truck after receiving my energy sway bar bushings but I have questions/concerns for those of you that have this kit or the relocation kit for the bar. I have maybe a 2mm gap between the passenger side shock and sway bar. Is this normal or am I missing something here? Seems like it will most def hit when driving the truck. Also the relocation of the driver side mount seems like it might be unstable sitting halfway in the round indent of the spring pocket. Any insight I on these issues? I'll get photos and keep you all posted on progress if you like.

when the truck is on the ground it clears fine. You have nothing to worry about and wont hit the shock.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
partswapper