400th 'front axle not engaging' problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The axle harness has a connector on the inner fenderwell just in front of the brake lines. I peeled the harness back where that connector goes into the larger harness to the frame ground, no evidence of a splice. <shrug> lots of gymnastics for something so simple, but that's one of the downsides of being retired. You forget that it's always the simple stuff, particularly in systems you're not familiar with and in this case didn't have my head in the game until last quarter.

I meant "connector," not splice, so I think you found that one. Good work solving this; it'll be helpful to others who search and find this thread.

drdave81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just FYI, if you have a light or a message on the cluster, you have a code. You need a scan tool that can read all modules on the vehicle. The cheap ones only read the engine. You would need a scan tool to read the transfer case module. I picked up one on amazon that does way more than just read codes for like $80, its a Topdon Topscan. Way more than worth the cost.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samzigrossi