4l60e servo?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

davetheslyrt

Reaction score
My 2000 nbs tahoe has 130,000ish miles, tranny rebjuit 45,000 miles ago. as of the last year i have issues with delayed engagement from P to R and R to D. shifting is fine with no issues. would the servo upgrade help with the delayed engagement? I am going to change the tranny fluid also if I wnat to go with synthetic do I need to flush the entire system or just the tranny.

Sorry if this is an easy question, i have a lot of car experience but tranny's scare the hell out of me!!!!!!

first post form mesquite texas.

d

tahoe7689

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When you say servo upgrade I assume you mean a corvette servo? If so all that does is place more pressure on the bands so that your shift is firmer, I dont believe that it would help the delay you are talking about (but I could be wrong). And there is some natural delay when you shift these vehicles from P to R and from R to D, like when you reverse and then shift to drive while you are still rolling, this can cause it to not engage as soon as you shift to drive.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helmetgurus