4X4 no LO mode

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

3genpio

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi All.
I`m new here and need advice.
I bought 2 months ago Tahoe 2001, 5,3
During turning the key to ing position, the 4 leds in 4x4 center were not lighting, the problem was burned fuse, i replace it, as well as 10 next once, finally 25 A fuse hold it till now but..... I can go to 4x4 Hi, also to AUTO mode but not to 4x4 LO. I bought on Rockauto a new Airtex switch for 4x4 center, after install everythink was worink until i switch it to 4x4LO, some klicks and led on 4x4Lo light on but the switch start to stink like it was burning, small smoke also came off it, after that i switched to old switch, and no changes everythink works except 4x4LO,

thanks

slocaddy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
don't have an answer for the switch but even though its push button 4wd dont you still have to put the transmission in neutral? maybe you've already tried but my old 4wd 99 escalade/ 4wd 01 suburban both had to be shifted in neutral to go in 4lo.

puckhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
don't have an answer for the switch but even though its push button 4wd dont you still have to put the transmission in neutral? maybe you've already tried but my old 4wd 99 escalade/ 4wd 01 suburban both had to be shifted in neutral to go in 4lo.

yea you have to put it in neutral, cant help with the rest of the problem though.

OP
OP

3genpio

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

i tried all combinations.. i can switch beetwin auto, 2 hi, and 4 hi even on Drive..... 4LO is not working on any shifter position, park or neutral, also not helping.
thanks guys

radkon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The transfer case will not allow a shift into or out of 4LO unless the following criteria has been met:
The engine is running.
The automatic transmission is in Neutral.
The vehicle speed is less than 5 km/’h (3 mph).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhrusso925