539.66 later

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
1999hoe

1999hoe

aka HOVERHOE
Reaction score
what to do what to do cuz of course its now running freekin beautifully love the sound of the exhaust with the k&n intake awww man

ravingmadman

Chief Knuckle Buster
Reaction score
I assume you have an oil filter, right? Maybe a magnetic plug? You're fine. Don't stress out about it. Selling your hoe to buy a house makes about as much sense as selling your hoe's front seat to buy a new escalade. There's a cost difference ratio there that doesn't make sense. Keep your rig, especially if it's paid off. It is reliable right now, and you know it's strengths and weaknesses. If you get another vehicle, you're going to have to do some maintenance on it, and you won't know what's been done to it. If your rig isn't paid off, pay it off, and lower your insurance. The monthly net gain will pay you more than the lump you'd get from selling your Hoe.

99Yuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just went through the same agonizing decision.

I had my distributor ring gear teeth sheared off, I replaced it, two cyl valve giudes were worn, causing fouled plugs that needed to be changed once a week(these are AC Delco plugs $20each), 1l of oil consumed a week, tick tick tick in the morning, etc.

My dealership even offered to let me go to the auction as a driver for thier company and I could pick out any truck I wanted and just pay $100 over auction price. A good deal!

I agonized over selling my rig, or rebuilding/replacing the motor, etc for over a month. Hmm'd and Haw'd.

Finally our old guy mech and my dad both told me that's it's better to keep the devil that you know vs the devil that you don't know. I figured the old cats who are almost double my age probably have been around the block once or twice and knew what they where talking about, So I pulled the trigger and bought a new GM crate motor.

I've never regretted that decision.

BTW, a factor that possibly swayed my decision to buy a new motor vs rebuilt heads was the thought of that many chunks of metal from the sheared gear teeth running around in the block. I was scared of that. That's a lot of missing metal parts.

Last edited:

TheBeast99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
this whole discussion, with all it's logic and loyalty to their 'hoes and 'kons - they're the reasons i bought my Yukon :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
humbertoltx