6.0 in a 4.8 03 tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

YUOnDaGround

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think I am going to tag this thread, Post some pictures and keep us updated. I want to do this to my truck when the time comes.

Nickleahy23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks for all the info been away on work. my budget is i can by one part at a time cause my truck still runs fine with the 4.8. so i can take my time to build the 6.0 right. but want to do it right the first time and not regret doing something when i built it the first time.

im runnig stock 3.73 gears withe 35" nitto mud grapplers with 3" torsion keys and 2" coil spacers, and 2" body lift

what did you say your plans are for a trans? you are going to want some gears in that thing..most likely some 4.56s...and on top of that you are gonna want a trans..mine lasted about 5k after the motor swap...

i do wish i woulda waited a bit and done a cam and such while the motor was out..

ghost

Reaction score
yea im sure it was rode hard.. how much should it cost to have machined and new bearing? and if it needs sleeved too (which i dk what that is lol)

ill have about 1500 do the total swap if thats possibe.. if not then i probably wont do it. theres really no need to. i have the 5.3 with around 87k so its got quite a bit of life left. i just see a lot of people doing it and im pretty tempted myself.

Last edited:

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
you could spend hundreds in the machine shop, then may have to order all new pistons....I've seen good ones, longblock, running for about $1200...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2006Duramax