6.0 Vortec MPG

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChazMan

Reaction score
I tried search MPG in the titles but came up with nothing.
I just bought an 2003 Escalade AWD with 6.0L.

What kind of MPG figure are you guys getting, City, Hwy, Average?
Is the dash meter MPG computer accurate?

gtbigup01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sticker says 13/17 city/hwy

I get 14.5 stop and go traffic living and working on a Military base. Sure you want to get that? Enjoy

OP
OP
ChazMan

ChazMan

Reaction score
Sure you want to get that? Enjoy

Too late! I already got it. I only drive in weekends and ride a bike to commute. So far, my dash computer shows only 12 MPG in city. I don''t know how accurate that is though. I expected low MPG....

Mac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I get about 9.5 MPG.:bawl:....mostly city driving.

gtbigup01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Too late! I already got it. I only drive in weekends and ride a bike to commute. So far, my dash computer shows only 12 MPG in city. I don''t know how accurate that is though. I expected low MPG....

It is accurate. I bought that truck last year and always got 11-12.6, then in Dec 09 I added Magnaflow + CAI and over time my normal stop and go traffic is 14.5.

I too ride my bike to work everyday that it's not raining or cold.

blrmkrl83

Reaction score
It really depends on driving conditions. I have an 05 Denali XL and at 70 on level interstate the computer shows 18mpg. A headwind really screws that up. On the hilly highway by home it shows about 15 keeping it between 60 and 65. At 85 on interstate I get about 14. I don't do much city driving so I don't know how that is. The computer seems fairly accurate. Sometimes it's maybe 1 mpg off either way, but I imagine a lot of that is just how full the tank gets a fill ups.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MRBJU52