6 inch Suspension Lift Up Front, 3 Rear?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

samtman18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no. just grinding and a loud exhaust leak before long. get a 3' crowbar(or something equivelant) and bend it out of the way a little. only needs to be a 1/4 inch or so cause your driveshaft nor exhaust will move when driving. when i put on new header back magnaflow cats, mine rubbed the front shaft, just bent it a bit.

purple 'hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ball joints? Yeah if there worn replace them. If you let them go, that could potentially get dangerous. And with larger tires, you'll wear front suspensions components out faster. If it's not properly taken care of.

As for more lift in the rear, I'd do a shackle flip, and do a AAL. Sometime this winter I'll be doing one, and I'll have a write up for it. With ORD's flip, (Kit I'll be using) you get about 4inches out of it. I'll be keeping my AAL untill I replace my rear springs with 4inch lift ones.

OP
OP
B

BamaDogg

Reaction score
Ball joints? Yeah if there worn replace them. If you let them go, that could potentially get dangerous. And with larger tires, you'll wear front suspensions components out faster. If it's not properly taken care of.

As for more lift in the rear, I'd do a shackle flip, and do a AAL. Sometime this winter I'll be doing one, and I'll have a write up for it. With ORD's flip, (Kit I'll be using) you get about 4inches out of it. I'll be keeping my AAL untill I replace my rear springs with 4inch lift ones.

This may sound like a stupid question but how do you know if they are worn?

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Get exhaust routed around the shaft

Get new ball joints

As for the rear you have a few options. Lowest cost being a taller block kit from Summit or somewhere. They should come with teh new U bolts also. An Add A Leaf requires the leaf pack to be opended and an additional leaf installed. A shackle flip is an option, so are lift springs.

OP
OP
B

BamaDogg

Reaction score
Service manual states if the boots are ripped open exposing grease out it the open replacement is needed.

Well that is definitely the situation for sure.

---------- Post added at 10:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:11 PM ----------

What sunlit said, if they are torn and exposed. Also, if there is play in them.

I'm going to check for play tomorrow.

OP
OP
B

BamaDogg

Reaction score
Lifted the truck off the ground and checked for play. There was little to no play in at the ball joints. It felt like everything was tight. All 4 have grease around them but no play.

I torqued the keys until half an inch was left on the stock torsion bolts. The tires clear fine now with room to spare. The front fender well is a little less than an inch and a half taller than the rear. Is this ok? Do any of you run a slightly taller front than rear?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DurtyCurty840