$83 cold air intake

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
highrollin113

highrollin113

Undercover
Reaction score
hey i can not find on ebay but i searched old emails and have sentthe seller one inquiring if they have anymore, i will let you know if they so, as for mine its been atleast 6 months and i am still loving it

04chevyhoe

Reaction score
Good find on the Ebay Link.
Also for anyone else wondering about "cheap" CAI's
I was looking at Summit Racing yesterday and they have a CAI for around $110. I think the name of the company was Spectre (spelling)

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
There are a lot of guys rolling on here with the Spectre CAI's. They are a cheap and working alternative to the more expensive ones.

Moose7

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Is there anyone that has noticed any MPG gain as well with the little added HP? Is there ever really any gain's with a CAI? I'm getting around 16.5 hwy and 13 town. Any help here in squeezing a little more mileage out would be appreciated.

Just picked up a 2002 Hoe and decided to join this forum. Seem's like some pretty good info so far and I'm looking forward to upgrading the Hoe... So I'm the FNG here! :)

-Moose7

trebor8820

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Forgive my ignorance, as I put all my modding energy into my Nissan... but how can this be considered a CAI if it's still in the engine bay? What y'all have pictured appears to be nothing more than a WAI, or Short Ram Air intake.

I just ordered a CAI for my Nissan to replace my WAI and it's going to be routed completely out of the engine bay into the fender. But if anybody is noticing any MPG gains with this, I'll definitely be looking into it for my Yukon as well.

jomulk56

Resident Lurker
Reaction score
Is there anyone that has noticed any MPG gain as well with the little added HP? Is there ever really any gain's with a CAI?
-Moose7

I noticed about a .5 MPG increase by adding the ebay intake.

Forgive my ignorance, as I put all my modding energy into my Nissan... but how can this be considered a CAI if it's still in the engine bay? What y'all have pictured appears to be nothing more than a WAI, or Short Ram Air intake.

I just ordered a CAI for my Nissan to replace my WAI and it's going to be routed completely out of the engine bay into the fender. But if anybody is noticing any MPG gains with this, I'll definitely be looking into it for my Yukon as well.

The ebay intake comes with a heat shield, so technically it's a CAI. I would think your new CAI for the Nissan will definately do better, since it's in a completely seperate compartment.

arizcowboy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Is there anyone that has noticed any MPG gain as well with the little added HP? Is there ever really any gain's with a CAI? I'm getting around 16.5 hwy and 13 town. Any help here in squeezing a little more mileage out would be appreciated.

Just picked up a 2002 Hoe and decided to join this forum. Seem's like some pretty good info so far and I'm looking forward to upgrading the Hoe... So I'm the FNG here! :)

-Moose7

I"m getting 18mpg on the highway with the eBay CAI and Magnaflow muffler. Those two mods increased my mpg from 17 to 18.

stormin

Reaction score
hey i can not find on ebay but i searched old emails and have sentthe seller one inquiring if they have anymore, i will let you know if they so, as for mine its been atleast 6 months and i am still loving it

You live in Edmonton?? NO shortage of cold air there!!! hahahhah

Just razzing you!

I visited friends in Edmonton many years ago... great city... great part of the country!

take care
NB

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diablo1970