95 tahoe bucking under part throttle and no codes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95tahoemike

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i have a 95 tahoe tbi bucking up part throttle and backfires but you go full throttle runs fine. have replaced o2 sensor and tps and i have no codes even driving it like this for a hour or longer no codes. my check engine light does work

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
Just found the the link for software and hardware for a PC based OBD1 system. Might need it one day. That is what I was going to ask.

Ironman1979

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sounds like the timing jumped a little. under full throttle you get the electronic advance and it runs good but at no advance it backfires and bucks. drop a timing light on it. my 95 hoe i had the bearing in the dist went out and made the rotor wobble just enought that i contacted the points and pulled it off time about 3 degrees.

retorq

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Might be worth checking fuel pressure too ...

Just found the the link for software and hardware for a PC based OBD1 system. Might need it one day. That is what I was going to ask.

It's a life saver for me ... :D

JonnyTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would say try new cap, rotor,plugs, wires and a new fuel filter. Then you can rule all that out. Plus you will get better mileage. Try taking the air cleaner off and go for a drive. see if that helps, plus it sounds cool.

retorq

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would say try new cap, rotor,plugs, wires and a new fuel filter. Then you can rule all that out. Plus you will get better mileage. Try taking the air cleaner off and go for a drive. see if that helps, plus it sounds cool.

Yeah I love the sound of ingesting sand into my engine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Montanaredneck406