98 Tahoe sub install help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am looking for the exact same thing for my 2dr tahoe... I found this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/95-9...506698?pt=Car_Audio_Video&hash=item4aac7dd18a

and might go with it but it is JUST the enclosure for that! I was also thinking about sneaking 2 8" free air kicker 10c84's in the panel next to the back seat. Seems to have enough room for the sub to mount right in the panel but curious as to if it would cause a ton of rattles in the rear ashtray and cup holder... Anyone try to install free-air woofers in side panels before?

Instead of the Comp 8", look at the Kicker CVT 8"...slimmer, easier to mount in a door setup.

jmoretti13

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Instead of the Comp 8", look at the Kicker CVT 8"...slimmer, easier to mount in a door setup.

only problem is that sub isn't a free air woofer...i'd lose a lot of kick without having the proper volume in the "box" area, right?

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
In all reality the Comp isnt classified as a freeair either. But the cone on the CVT is pretty thick, and has a surround more apt for freeair.
The Comp will work as well, just the depth issue is resolved with the CVT.

quietfly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you can also make a custom box that replaces the center console it also moves the bass closer to the front stage.

jmoretti13

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
In all reality the Comp isnt classified as a freeair either. But the cone on the CVT is pretty thick, and has a surround more apt for freeair.
The Comp will work as well, just the depth issue is resolved with the CVT.

you can also make a custom box that replaces the center console it also moves the bass closer to the front stage.

good suggestions...I got my info from crutchfield so I was only going by their specs. I looked into the center console box and I really dont want to lose my center compartment for a little bass, I'd rather find a better way to get the kick than lose conveniences. I am curious as to how deep the grills are too because where I want to mount the subs is pretty close to the edge of the seat...i'd hate to have the woofer slapping the seat at all :/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woody2801