98 yukon .. fuel lines rotted all the way back near fuel tank... how to replace?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

markgbe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i have a 98 yukon with a fuel leak. i dropped the fuel tank and found the lines just rotted all the way back near the tank. So, it looks like i will need to replace the entire fuel line. How would i go about this? i can't seem to find an exact replacement part.

Thanks

retorq

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did the line at the tank break?? That flex line isn't available from local auto parts stores. When I did my stuff I ran new double jacketed line from the pump to the hard line and did away with the quick release fitting.

OP
OP
M

markgbe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Did the line at the tank break?? That flex line isn't available from local auto parts stores. When I did my stuff I ran new double jacketed line from the pump to the hard line and did away with the quick release fitting.

The flex lines seem ok... but it would be nice to replace the entire thing right from the fuel pump sending unit nipples. Do you have more details on what you did?

Last edited:

retorq

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got a bunch of pics too yeah ... (I don't have the pics here at work with me, new phone)

The pump outlet actually broke on me, the quick release fitting pulled off part of that plastic housing. I fixed that and ran 3/8ths Jegs pushlock hose from there to the hard line. It's single clamped at the pump, double clamped at the hard line. I ran std 5/16ths hose for the return line from the hard line to the pump, again single clamped at the pump and doubled at the hard line.

There is some 5/16ths fuel line that attached the vent line to the tank as well. It's that same hard plastic line ...

OP
OP
M

markgbe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
well i got most of it set up.

Is there a supposed to be a fuel filter on the return line? My old return line had a terribly rotted out thing that looks to be a filter or maybe some kind of check valve or something. I cant find any diagrams or anything that confirm what this thing is. any ideas?

retorq

Full Access Member
Reaction score
DOH!! I know I was gonna post pics but coulnd't find the thread ...

I'm pretty sure the filter is on the feed side ...

OP
OP
M

markgbe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
DOH!! I know I was gonna post pics but coulnd't find the thread ...

I'm pretty sure the filter is on the feed side ...

thats what i thought... but definitely one filter on each... so thats weird..

AH well. Thanks for your help, i think i got it worked out now.

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
i had to replace the plastic flex lines on my 95 tahoe, ordered them through GM. Bought the 2 little ones and costed me around 300bucks for both. that was a joke! if i was to do it again, id just run stainless braided lines from front to back with the quick disconnects

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Montanaredneck406