99 denali lift help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SouthernRaised

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
222741_211433842219277_100000579876987_752584_208607_n.jpg

I'm new to the GM family and have been searching for answers on this and other forums. Any help is really appreciated.

I just bought this Denali with a 6" procomp lift. with a block out back. I hate blocks

I was wondering if you can use a ORD Shackle flip on a Yukon
http://offroaddesign.com/catalog/shacklekit.htm

Says it works on a Tahoe. I'll call just wanted to see if anyone had experiance with it.

Also order a 2" body lift cause i need as much lift as possible to stuff some 41's on a set of Helo MAxx 20's

---------- Post added at 02:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:46 PM ----------

Follow up question.

I'm pretty sure with the lift on the truck it has an AAL but I'm not sure. How many Leafs would be in a stock leaf pack?

I've searched and come up empty.

99denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, Im loving the truck first of all, i wish i had the the funds to put a 6 inch on my denali.
Yes the shackle flip should work on the Denali because its the same frame as a Tahoe as long as its an OBS.
How do you plan on lifting the front higher? Or are you going to take off the AAl or blocks and use the flip in place of it?
On a stock Denali pack there a 4 leafs plus a helper spring so 5 in total.
Oh, 41's arent gona fit with anything less then about 10-12 inch's of lift or you get serious with a sawzall.

OP
OP
S

SouthernRaised

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
OK, Im loving the truck first of all, i wish i had the the funds to put a 6 inch on my denali.
Yes the shackle flip should work on the Denali because its the same frame as a Tahoe as long as its an OBS.
How do you plan on lifting the front higher? Or are you going to take off the AAl or blocks and use the flip in place of it?
On a stock Denali pack there a 4 leafs plus a helper spring so 5 in total.
Oh, 41's arent gona fit with anything less then about 10-12 inch's of lift or you get serious with a sawzall.

Thanks man,

Its a 4" block now so I'll use the flip kit to remove the block add a 2" lift shackle, 1" zero rate block and leave the add a lift in. Should net 8" inches. the front is six now so I'll crack it up 2" i hope and then add the 2" denali body lift kit and should have 10" total. Hopefully everything clears.

Its all show no go. Don't plan on offroading it.

Also have 5.13 gears going in.

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
your going to be pushing your luck cranking that front end up another 2 inches, since the procomp kit requires you to crank them to get the full 6 inches.

might as well save some coin to replace those axles with heavy duty offroad ones that will flex more.

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How handy are you with a saw? I would level it out, body lift it and run no larger than a 38"

OP
OP
S

SouthernRaised

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
your going to be pushing your luck cranking that front end up another 2 inches, since the procomp kit requires you to crank them to get the full 6 inches.

might as well save some coin to replace those axles with heavy duty offroad ones that will flex more.

Did not know that. My understanding was the procomp was a true 6" w/o cranking the torsions.

I"ll most likely go down to a 37 when these wear out. Thanks for the input

---------- Post added at 07:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:38 AM ----------

Got curious and measured my brackets. They are a full 6" drop. Like I said i' m new to gmc did this only net 4" lift without cranking the torsions?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
humbertoltx