A/C Help pls..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Chevyrider619

Chevyrider619

Full Access Member
Reaction score
(UPDATE)
So i bought a can of R143a w/ uv. I tried to recharge and its not taking any in, and the gauge marked that it has ZERO PRESSURE! rrrrrrgh. Does anyone else have any idea what it is??? If not then i guess i'm gonna have to take it to the shop, where i dont know yet but really aint trying to. appreciate all the help fellows..
It takes 2.5..

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
silly questions but are you sure the valve is open on the coolant? My first attempt I pierced the can ands didn't back the needle out far enough and nothing was coming out. Screw it all the way in then most of up to max max and max flow. Tilt the can from vertical to horizontal back and forth like that. The can is under pressure so it should force some in. mine was dry and it started to take. the can will get real cold when it is flowing out. Since the system is empty that is why the clutch is not working. I drive myself crazy tracing the wiring harness looking for a problem until I realized it was dry.

Broken Truck

Reaction score
2.8 lbs for regular air.

4.0 lbs if you have the c69 option for rear air.

Even if you have the rear air your system may have the sticker calling for 2.8lbs but it takes 4 lbs

OP
OP
Chevyrider619

Chevyrider619

Full Access Member
Reaction score
(UPDATE)
So kris was right about that q, i dint open the freon valve. Neways, it pumped in clutch started up,after the first can put 2 in. So went home 1-1 1/2 we tried to go out clutch was back down rrrrrrrrrgh! So now i know i have a BIG LEAK efe efeefe.. Well i put some of that uv freon so tonight i dive and look around for the leak

OP
OP
Chevyrider619

Chevyrider619

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wuz up fellas. well as far as the blacklight,its efe sick.. waited till night time flicked the flashlight buyaaaaaa hehehehe at least its not the compressor, its a leak on the high port. any feed..

Pindoctor

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I got a question. My Clutch is turning and then it stops and i charged the system almost near red when clutch is off and when clutch is on it is green, i used that bug can of sealant with the 134a inside of it and still no cold air? do i go to the store and buy a small can of 134a or what do i do? Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jchavez95

Latest posts