A/C issues?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thebooger

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I know this isn't for my Yukon, but the climate control is the same in my Z71...so I thought ya could help...so, let me start by saying, my A/C works great. It's in my 04 Sierra Z71 ecsb with the digital climate control. The A/C will freeze you out and the heat will burn you out. The problem is, it's dripping inside the truck and saturating the passenger side carpet. I first checked the drain tube...it was clear and water was dripping out of it. I noticed the A/C compressor wasn't cycling...figured that was the problem. Checked the charge, it was lie...so I vacuumed it down, charged it up and found the low side port was leaking, so I tightenedd it and it stopped the leak. Now the A/C cycles like clockwork, but it's still doing it. I can run the A/C for hours on a trip and it'll still blow full force with no issues...but after I parked it today and my wife and I went to eat, when we came back out 30 minutes later the A/C was still dripping on the ground. So, what's causing it to freeze up? I really need to fix this before it rots my floor...

OP
OP
T

thebooger

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yea, I've checked thoroughly...and as much water that has been lost, I'd have had to add lots of coolant. I've added none. I'm confused on it, honestly.

OP
OP
T

thebooger

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yea, I think it's the evap core freezing. But the confusing part is, the volume of air never changes...every vehicle I've dealt with in the past that had a freezing evap would lose just about all air volume. I need to look closer and see if the case is cracked or anything...but lately I'm at the hospital with my wife and daughter...she was born at 28 weeks 6 days gestation Sunday morning at 8:45. She came into the world at 2lbs 9oz and 15" long...she's doing exceptionally well and her name is Annabella Rose...

jabney

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yea, I think it's the evap core freezing. But the confusing part is, the volume of air never changes...every vehicle I've dealt with in the past that had a freezing evap would lose just about all air volume. I need to look closer and see if the case is cracked or anything...but lately I'm at the hospital with my wife and daughter...she was born at 28 weeks 6 days gestation Sunday morning at 8:45. She came into the world at 2lbs 9oz and 15" long...she's doing exceptionally well and her name is Annabella Rose...

TheBooger COngrats on the baby girl !

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustGibby