A/C Not blowing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
T

Tridaddy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I broke down and took my Yukon to the dealer. They want over $800.00 to fix my A/C they said the blower motor is bad as well as the blower control module. The connector apparently was burnt, so they said either the blower control module went taking the motor with it or vice versa. I found the motor for ~$150.00 I have not searched for the module yet but JFRANCO you are saying ~$175.00 for it from the dealer. How difficult was it to get the motor and module out of the vehicle. I have a center console, does that need to be removed to get at the parts? I would rather spend the $350.00 than $800.00 + to get my A/C working properly
again.

OP
OP
T

Tridaddy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I finally had the money/ time to swap out the blower motor. Unfortunately that was not the problem. Or if it was a problem there are more. There were two wires which led from a module to the fan motor; there are three wires which lead into the module. Does anyone know what this module is, and where those three wires come from?

Thanks

OP
OP
T

Tridaddy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Finished

If you have followed this thread at all, you know I had replaced the blower motor at a cost of $132.00, I found the control module online at OEHQ.com
INFORMATION: (1 Heater-blower-air Conditioning Control Module ACD 15-80567 $49.61)
I also had to replace the 40 amp fuse under the hood. $4.79 from Napa. This is a far cry from the $800.00 + the dealership was quoting me.
If I had all the parts on hand total time for removal replacement was 1.5 hours. There are three screws to remove the panel, the blower is held in place by turning the unit a quarter of a turn and the control module is held in place by two bolts. I had to splice three wires. Very simple, very straight forward, most of all affordable doing it my self. I now have heat and air.

chauncey0337

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just found this thread. Nice work on getting it fixed without much help at all. Thanks for posting the fix, hopefully it helps out others with this same problem.

OP
OP
T

Tridaddy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
No worries, I enjoy working on my own vehicles, especially when the alternative is spending big money. I gain valuable information at this forum and will contribute to help others.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MRBJU52