A/C question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mikemhp

Reaction score
2004 SLT yukon 180k miles..... still runs great but have an issue...
sometimes about 5 mins after starting her up, the A/C blows cold like normal, but then blows warm/hot ONLY through the 2 vents on driver side.. passenger side still blows cold.

if i pull over and turn off, then restart it used to go back to normal. lately though, it hasn't gone back to normal.
passenger side vents still fine, but driver side stops blowing cold.

any thoughts?

thanks.

Matthew Jeschke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My friend's truck does same thing, except passenger side blows hot and driver side blows worm. I may have to rebuild it for him. My diagnosis was blend door actuator as well, but haven't had time to take it apart and confirm for him. It's either that or the switch but likely the door. I think the little encoder on the servo in the actuator get's confused and or dirty. I took a few of them apart to see how they work, in the end my rebuilt ones needed replaced with new. They're fairly cheap. I believe one is on bottom, other maybe somewhat hidden in dash... Not 100% sure. Let me know if you need me to lookup in FSM for you. Otherwise they're fairly trivial and inexpensive to replace.

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
its located pretty much dead center of the console. i just changed mine last year and was able to get it out with out removing the console. was a huge pita really. seats and console out would way easier for sure.

this vid the guy makes it look easy. that second bolt is a real paint to get out and back in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Emmdizzleforizzle

Latest posts