A/C troubles?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gfunkfb09

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Today while I was driving my 2004 Yukon XL the A/C was blowing ice cold and working correctly. Then all the sudden the two driver vents(the vent right next to the CD player, and the vent on the left side of the steering wheel) started blowing hot air. It was like the heater was on, the air it was blowing was hotter than the outside air. I reached over and checked the two passenger vents that are both beside the passenger airbag and they were still blowing cold. I made it to the place I was driving to and was there about 45 mins and when I got back in my car and started to drive back home the air was working correctly blowing cold. What could be causing this? Is it an actuator going bad? Thanks for your help guys.

Dogman_1969

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Today while I was driving my 2004 Yukon XL the A/C was blowing ice cold and working correctly. Then all the sudden the two driver vents(the vent right next to the CD player, and the vent on the left side of the steering wheel) started blowing hot air. It was like the heater was on, the air it was blowing was hotter than the outside air. I reached over and checked the two passenger vents that are both beside the passenger airbag and they were still blowing cold. I made it to the place I was driving to and was there about 45 mins and when I got back in my car and started to drive back home the air was working correctly blowing cold. What could be causing this? Is it an actuator going bad? Thanks for your help guys.

I had the same thing happen to me. Any answers would be helpful.

Thanks in advance,

Dogman...............

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
blend door actuator

Dogman_1969

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
AC troubles

thanks. It hasn't given me any more issues but it may come back next summer.

chauncey0337

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must have the dual climate control. I would have to agree with NathanJax.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhrusso925