A couple of issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eddie_picazo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I own a 2002 Tahoe LS with 170.000k 5.3 Vortec and very happy with it. This is my first Chevy and I'm amazed at the positive ratings these vehicles got and coming from a BMW family I'm just happy I got a Tahoe. I'm currently experiencing a couple of issues with it so I appreciate any imput.

Horn works when it wants to, I read posts and almost everybody suggest to change it but is there an actual reason why this happens?

Sometimes when I start my engine it will start at the first try and other times it will take 1-2 tries to fire up.

Thank you all in advance and by the way I love this forum.

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
welcome, no clue on horn...connection maybe?

On start up, sounds like a sign the fuel pump may slowly loosing the pressure hold...so may be on the way out.

welcome to the site! :cheers:

OP
OP
E

eddie_picazo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
No problem, the engine starts fine it just sometimes takes two tries to start vs one does that make sense?

Thanks!

bigdaryl

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
had the same issue FUEL PUMP. to fix it for a lil bit to where i could get the cash and time i would have someone turn the key over and tap the gas tank with a hammer right in the center of the tank this was actually told to me by a chevy mechanic as a temp fix

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On the fuel pump, you can test it by turning the key to the run position in a quiet garage - you should hear the fuel pump prime the line. I'm guessing you can diagnose this based on your own findings, if you hear it prime the line or if you don't. I would guess the obvious is you don't hear it prime the line on a day where it takes two iterations trying to start her.

I was going to suggest running a can of Seafoam for 2 has tank fills, changing the air filter, cleaning the MAF (with MAF cleaner), and cleaning the throttle body with TB cleaner. Don't forget to open the butterfly valve and clean it good - just don't glob it in there, wipe it clean.

B

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tcaphou