A couple of squirts of lube out of the boot.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Writefast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So after the hurricane I did some surveying. Rain was still coming down, streets wet, debris, so I put the 07 Yukon in 4 auto. Hit a couple of spots in some mud where the front engaged. Not much, a few seconds at most. Came home and crawled under the old girl and I found that the front cv boots had relieved themselves a bit. How imperative is it that I change the boots. I’m rarely off road and have no immediate plans to be off road. Any advice on leaking cv boots?

Attachments

• IMG_0849.jpeg
    IMG_0849.jpeg
    276 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0848.jpeg
    IMG_0848.jpeg
    295.6 KB · Views: 2

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does it have a rip that you can see? I've never had that issue other than a small rip causing it. If it's not ripped, the clampis still tight, then I'd say run it. But, if there's a way for water to get in, you're just running on borrowed time in the long run. Axles are cheap and easy to replace luckily if you need to go that route.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Writefast

Writefast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does it have a rip that you can see? I've never had that issue other than a small rip causing it. If it's not ripped, the clampis still tight, then I'd say run it. But, if there's a way for water to get in, you're just running on borrowed time in the long run. Axles are cheap and easy to replace luckily if you need to go that route.
Did a tertiary look at the time but I didn’t see any obvious tears, just the lube squirts, which are new. Will try and get a better view tomorrow.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
that's weird for it come out like that,, there has to be a tear or a hole or the clamp broke or something. That grease is in there to protect the bearings regardless if it is 2wd or 4wd they are spinning and turning when you turn the wheels so..... options are limited.
1. if it is a small hole, you "might" be able to patch it some how.
2. dorman sells a boot that is glued together
3. if it is a clamp, that can be replaced
4. replace whole axle I think they run around $250 for a new oem one, reman's are cheaper

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daisydog229

Latest posts