? about lowering kit for 4x4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

johnnyt5646

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
im looking to lower my 2000 nbs tahoe 4x4 with 20" oem nnbs tahoe wheels. i want to do a 3/5" drop. if i do a 2/3' drop i know i wont be satisfied. i know that Norcal ss has a 3/5" kit for 4x4. there kit uses dim parts. i have read that djm suspension is rough (how is it really) and mcnaughty is better. i also read that the reason why djm is rough is due to the shock they recommend.

can some on set me on the right path. i have no problem getting Norcal ss kit. i just want to be happy. is there another kit out there i can use or tell me what individual parts i need to achieve the 3/5" drop. if i get norcals kit do i need anything else like shocks. also down the road i am looking to get the 22" trailblazer ss wheels would that be an issue with a 3/5" drop.

thanks in advance

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
Tony should chime in soon to help you with questions. I dont have a lowered hoe so i dont really know

M Hankel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the DJM 3" drop arms on the front and Belltech 5305 rear springs and it doesn't ride rough at all. The front spring rate (torsion bars) does not change at all with the DJM arms. I chose to go with Bilstiens on the front and I couldn't be happier with the ride. I'll be adding Bilstiens to the rear in about a week.

Mike

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
im looking to lower my 2000 nbs tahoe 4x4 with 20" oem nnbs tahoe wheels. i want to do a 3/5" drop. if i do a 2/3' drop i know i wont be satisfied. i know that Norcal ss has a 3/5" kit for 4x4. there kit uses dim parts. i have read that djm suspension is rough (how is it really) and mcnaughty is better. i also read that the reason why djm is rough is due to the shock they recommend.

can some on set me on the right path. i have no problem getting Norcal ss kit. i just want to be happy. is there another kit out there i can use or tell me what individual parts i need to achieve the 3/5" drop. if i get norcals kit do i need anything else like shocks. also down the road i am looking to get the 22" trailblazer ss wheels would that be an issue with a 3/5" drop.

thanks in advance

few things the kit i sell is soemthing i put together thru years of doing these trucks and ride is fine

1) front djm a arms wil come with belltech sp shocks NOT djm
2) in rear i use the tb coils which gives 5-5.25 and rides great
3) my rear kit i use belltech shocks not djm.

wiht the 3/5+ kit here
http://www.tbssowners.com/store/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=88

along with the tbss reps (i sell those also) you can run a 285 45 22 no problem in front

OP
OP
J

johnnyt5646

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
awesome. thanks for the help.

Norcal i will be in the market for that kit in a couple of weeks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pete315

Latest posts