ABS/Traction Control Lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigdjatom416

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
ABS/Traction Control lights came on today. I’m thinking it’s a bad ABS sensor because I could feel the ABS pump working in the brake pedal on dry road right before the lights came on. I’m thinking I change both front wheel bearing assemblies with new sensors.

Plugged in the code reader and there are no codes.

What do you guys think??IMG_1890.jpeg

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
There's a code if there's a DIC message; use a code reader that will pull ABS codes. Your basic OBD code reader won't look for them.

Some of the auto parts stores do have code readers that look at SRS and ABS codes, so you might want to call around to see if the one they use to read customers' codes can do that.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
^^^^^x2^^^^^

Then, get yourself a quality bi-directional scanner to add to your tool kit. Then, you will be able to read ALL codes, along with a brief explanation/pointer to the source of your issue. In your specific case, a quality bi-directional scanner would tell you exactly what wheel had the sensor issue, if it is in fact a sensor issue. If it isn't, it would tell what the source of your issue is. You will literally save thousands of dollars in diagnostic and repair costs over the life of your truck, and you will most likely recoup the cost of the scanner within 1 year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Malachismith