'09 Suburban w/ 6.0 L76

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DTOM

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Howdy, all! Looking to pick the brains of the collective, so I'll get right to it. There's an '09 Suburban for sale not terribly far from the house but far enough that I don't want to waste a day going to take a look at it. It has less than 20k miles and also has the aluminum block L76 engine, and no, it's not a hybrid. I'm not terribly familiar with them so I did a little research and found they weren't an option for very long in the GMT900 vehicles. At that low of mileage and the minimal use it's seen over the last couple of years, I'm sure the standard belts and hoses would need to be replaced, but what about the engine in general? Is this something that should be avoided or are these unicorns as desirable as, say, the 2500 burbs and Yukon Xls, and worth considering for a family road trip rig and possible overland build?

mikeyss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The L76 is a good motor, they were also used in Pontiac G8's. They unfortunately do have AFM, so if you buy it be sure to eliminate that system. These are unicorns, and if it's in good shape, I'd buy it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Budzy24