AC problem .. no pressure on gauges

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The mechanical part I can do. I will have to take it someone to vac and charge at that point. I have a friend that owns a body shop and they have all the equipment. I need to determine what splice kit to use or if I should use the block off . Would like avoid that id possible.

Thank you

You can buy a 2.5 CFM vacuum pump and set of manifold gauges at Harbor Freight to do the work. Don't forget the 20% OFF coupon!

Bought the manifold to check out and charge up my wife's car. Took a charge and discovered that both schrader valves are leaking. Bought new caps. If they hold, we kicked the can down the road. If we have to replace the schrader valves, we'll next buy the vacuum pump and a couple more cans of freon.

OP
OP
R

rigid1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You can buy a 2.5 CFM vacuum pump and set of manifold gauges at Harbor Freight to do the work. Don't forget the 20% OFF coupon!

Bought the manifold to check out and charge up my wife's car. Took a charge and discovered that both schrader valves are leaking. Bought new caps. If they hold, we kicked the can down the road. If we have to replace the schrader valves, we'll next buy the vacuum pump and a couple more cans of freon.

Thanks. I have the gauges already. The reviews on that pump look good for what I would be doing. I have another car that needs a condenser so the pump would be handy.

I just need to figure out what splice kit I need.

thank you

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Why would you not replace the whole old line that is leaking and just use a splice? By the time another year goes by you might have 2 more splices in that line. I have never heard of any splice being permanent in a high pressure a/c system. Your call though.

You said earlier that you have the mechanical ability, so that means to me that the line replacement itself is not a problem?

OP
OP
R

rigid1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Not opposed to replacing the whole line I guess. I had thought it would be a pain in the butt to get to everything getting the old one out and a new one through all the brackets . Is there a better option than the factory type pre-bent line? Any suggestions on a good source?

thank you

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I can't give a recommendation because I would be looking to replace with the oe line. I can look up if you would supply your rig info, like should be done with every request for help.

We recommend that you put all your rig(s) info in your signature so we all don’t have to guess at year, make, model, engine size, trans, rear axle locker…….etc. While you may have posted pertinent info in your first post, you may forget to do it again and the info is needed by us anyway. Makes it way easier on all members that attempt to help, to have that info right up front. It is also recommended that you take a pic of your RPO codes, on the inside cover of the glove box, and post that image in your signature. All this info will greatly help those that will try to help with a problem.

If there is any other info, like upgrades, mods or recent mechanical/maintenance work done, that would be helpful in any post as well. Too many times a question is asked by the poster and after about 10 responses we find out that the poster has done recent work to attempt to fix the problem or work that was done that SEEMS not related to the problem.

live2pull

Full Access Member
Reaction score

If you are doing schrader valves and dont want to discharge the system.

https://www.amazon.com/Hanperal-Con...der+valve+removal+tool&qid=1593044670&sr=8-14

TJ Baker

Full Access Member
Reaction score

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score

TJ Baker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ingenious! Thanks fellas!
Do read some reviews as I have read of some poorly made units that fail during use with refrigerant spewing everywhere.

Also I read about some large bore schraeders that the standard tools won't work with.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
racolson

Latest posts