Accessory Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SHWELL

Reaction score
Tried the Search function and no results.

2005 Yukon

When I remove the key, and open the Drivers Door, my Accessories do not shut off anymore. The interior Lights dont come on either.

I did not see a switch on the door (Brief check), but my radio, Hard Wired V1, and DVD player do not shut off when the Drivers door is opened.

Noticed the Interior light issue a week ago, but the Radio issue started today.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

---------- Post added at 09:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:16 PM ----------

Sorry, but I think I may have posted this in the wrong section. amd searched the wrong section as well. Found a thread with similar issues.. Sorry, but if you have an idea, please feel free to respond.

chauncey0337

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used to wonder where the door switch was too, then I learned it's built in to the latch itself. You'll have to take the door panel off to check it.

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, it has to be that switch that's messed up!! Your truck thinks you haven't opened your door when in fact you have!!

Splatmaster527

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This could also be a deeper problem with the Body Control Module which is the controller which processes all the door open close commands and cycling power appropriately.

OP
OP
SHWELL

SHWELL

Reaction score
Thank you for all the responses.. Splatmaster, that is the one I did not want to hear..

I went out this morning and the accessories are responding as needed, but the Int Lights are still a no go.. I shall start the process of identifying today. Wish me luck.

Does anyone have the part number for the Door latch?

OmarR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes. all other doors activate the system as intended.

Then the other guys are right about the problem being within the door itself, and not the BCM.

I would start with the latch, as mentioned. If that doesn't fix it, I would than change out the DDM (drivers door module). This module takes the signal from the latch and sends it to the BCM through the data line.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MRBJU52

Latest posts