Melted mega fuse holder near positive battery post

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DaveO9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On a long road trip, taking daughter to college. Within a few miles of final destination tonight, smell burning rubber. Turns out the load side bolt on the mega fuse holder was loose, thereby causing arcing at that connection and generating a lot of heat. It melted the red cover, but more importantly, damaged the plastic holder so the head of that bolt is no longer captured, making it hard to tighten. I did eventually get it to torque down using a wrench on the back side where the head should be socketed into the plastic. Of course I will need to replace this piece but I don’t think I’d be able to get it on the road? Is that going to be a dealer part? I’ve looked briefly on RA and Google, not finding it yet. I think what I’ve done will get me home, but just checking if there’s any input.

At first I thought I blew the mega fuse, there is some visible damage. But everything seems to be doing fine now. I will buy one before my wife and I head home to have with me just in case.

IMG_5934.jpegIMG_5941.jpegIMG_5939.jpeg

solli5pack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like it comes with the battery cable. #22790285. Need to verify with your trucks options though. They're probably plentiful in junkyard.
1000005130.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MRBJU52