Active fuel management mods?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
hardy har har guys. If you must know, she came with me to Houston, TX for my first BB Tune for le tahoe :)

:lol: yes but she has a strangle hold on Le esky :deal:

mike1944

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2011 Denali XL and never notice when it switches between 4 and 8. I'd take it back to the dealer.

Same here. 2010. Imperceptible. When I started watching it I was wondering if it was actually doing anything.

As I've mentioned before, it has to be the right circumstances for mine to kick into 4 mode: less than 45 mph and flat or downhill. Doubt it really saves that much.

99% of my miles are road miles (driving vacations) and I get usually 18 mpg.

OP
OP
T

totheyard

Reaction score
Mine will go into V4 on the freeway, but low speed to a stop brings on the biggest shutter.

ChrisAU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The biggest change Justin from BBP did to mine in terms of AFM was making it so that it would work in 3rd gear around town. We observed my Tahoe accelerating uphill in 3rd gear in 4 cyls. Not a steep hill of course ha. He also made it so that in sport mode it is completely disabled.

TowGMC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm so glad my '09 Denali doesn't have AFM. I'm in rental Tahoes and Yukons almost every week when traveling for business, and every one of them shudders when going from 4 to 8 cyl mode. So I tend to just leave the rentals in Tow mode which kills fuel economy but at least it doesn't shudder and hesitate every time I need to pull a hill at 80 on the highway.

And FWIW, my Denali fuel economy isn't all that different from the rental Hoes, the only big difference being the cost of premium (just paid $4.49 yesterday, cost $105 to fill the Denali) vs the cost of the cheap stuff in the rentals.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trojjan