aftermarket Wireless carplay/android auto connects while vehicle is parked/off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tommyboy180

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have an aftermarket wireless android auto adapter that is connected to the USB ports inside the center storage area.

it never turns off! Randomly throughout the night/day it will connect to wireless android auto and our phones will show it's connected even with the vehicle parked for several hours.

Is there a setting to turn off USB power when the vehicle is off?

Attachments

• 20240606_183729.jpg
    20240606_183729.jpg
    273.5 KB · Views: 3

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have an aftermarket wireless android auto adapter that is connected to the USB ports inside the center storage area.

it never turns off! Randomly throughout the night/day it will connect to wireless android auto and our phones will show it's connected even with the vehicle parked for several hours.

Is there a setting to turn off USB power when the vehicle is off?
There is a fuse that can be moved over for usb I believe on the passenger side behind the dash end cap, however I think it is probably just your usb adapter not shutting down properly I use the motorola ma1 and do not have this issue.

OP
OP
tommyboy180

tommyboy180

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
We tried the MA1 and it would skip every 20 seconds. There's somethign weird with the MA1 and samsung S24's, lots of people having problems with audio skips. I had to move to another adapter but the power stays on.

So if I pull that fuse, the USB ports power off while the vehicle is off?

K2 Kaiju

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We tried the MA1 and it would skip every 20 seconds. There's somethign weird with the MA1 and samsung S24's, lots of people having problems with audio skips. I had to move to another adapter but the power stays on.

So if I pull that fuse, the USB ports power off while the vehicle is off?
IIRC, there is a big pink fuse that has 2 possible seats - one for always on, and other with key - just pull it and move it over (should be in manual and I may be thinking of my 13).

I also got skips with my 23 ultra with all AA wireless adapters. I have accepted the cable...

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is a fuse that can be moved over for usb I believe on the passenger side behind the dash end cap, however I think it is probably just your usb adapter not shutting down properly I use the motorola ma1 and do not have this issue.
That is on the driver's side interior fuse panel to the left of the dashboard/steering column.

Mine will power up and connect if the vehicle is locked/unlocked or a door is opened. All of these actions will take up the interior accessory power. Of course you do have the option to make it live 24/7 as you stated as well. I am not sure if that applies to the auxiliary/cigarette plug outlets OR if it also includes the USB ports, though.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is on the driver's side interior fuse panel to the left of the dashboard/steering column.

Mine will power up and connect if the vehicle is locked/unlocked or a door is opened. All of these actions will take up the interior accessory power. Of course you do have the option to make it live 24/7 as you stated as well. I am not sure if that applies to the auxiliary/cigarette plug outlets OR if it also includes the USB ports, though.
I believe there are usb fuses on both sides, what all they go to is a guess these vehicles have a variety of usb function for instance the radio and hmi have multiple usb connectivity between modules, some of the sps programming is done via usb

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe there are usb fuses on both sides, what all they go to is a guess these vehicles have a variety of usb function for instance the radio and hmi have multiple usb connectivity between modules, some of the sps programming is done via usb
I haven't noticed that, I have looked through both sides. I am using the driver side male spade terminal for full time power to power my dash camera, with an in-line fuse of course.

There may be a USB fuse on the passenger side, I do not know, but it is not the movable style with options for full time or ignition power if so.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pushrodisbetter