Air bags OFF-Road ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ryangt

double team supreme
Reaction score
I have a 04 4x4 yukon, and ive put some keys, rear spacers and bigger meats on it. Im looking to level out the cali lean a bit, but instead of just going a bigger spacer, im thinking that some air shocks would be best, i do alot of towing and could really use the bags to help with that.

What sort of setup is easy to install, semi affordable and strong enough for offroad use?

MUDDER TRUCKER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i personaly wouldnt do bags on a off road truck. but u might offroad diff than i do. we dont use them up here because of sticks and crap riping the bag.

MOBmentality

Has a $25,000 Punch
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i personaly wouldnt do bags on a off road truck. but u might offroad diff than i do. we dont use them up here because of sticks and crap riping the bag.

Word i was about to say there are def some bagged mud trucks up here on big ass semi bags.. but your sticks and stones comment makes alot of sense..

Air helpers might fix your problem though dude.. they even make an inner spring one i think

OP
OP
ryangt

ryangt

double team supreme
Reaction score
Word i was about to say there are def some bagged mud trucks up here on big ass semi bags.. but your sticks and stones comment makes alot of sense..

Air helpers might fix your problem though dude.. they even make an inner spring one i think

thats basically what i was thinking of doing, ive seen some of the inner coil air spring kits for reasonable prices. Im not out there bashing the shit out of my truck, its mostly offroading in sandy areas, and i need something to help keep the ass of the truck a bit higher when its fully loaded with gear.

05Yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
air lift and firestone make airbags that go inside the rear coils to help keep the rear from sagging.

AquinoSteven

Key and Spacer Guru
Reaction score
I dont think you can put bags in with spacers. You could always go with a 3" lift coil and bags though.

OP
OP
ryangt

ryangt

double team supreme
Reaction score
Did you end up getting any bags put on?

I sure did, I went with the airlift 1000 bags because because they were cheaper and where rated for a higher support weight than the firestone bags where.

Install took less than an hour for both sides and plumbing. I run 1.5 spacers in the rear and these fit just fine.

---------- Post added at 08:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:33 AM ----------

The difference is totally worth the 80$ price tag on amazon. The ride is much nicer for day to day driving with only about 5 psi in the bags. When i am all loaded up for camping i bump it up to 15-20 psi which levels out the rear and compensates for the body roll with weight in the truck. Totally worth the money and installation time was so fast and easy you dont even have to pull out the coils. I am mad i waited this long to do it.

On a note, i DO use these bags off road, so far ive done abour 300miles offroad on these bags, and they hold up just fine. I dont think they can take extreme stuff, but then again, if you think extreme suspension and 80$ go hand in hand, standby for dissapointment.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Budzy24

Latest posts