Air lift bags installed tonight

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
quick66ss

quick66ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nnaboy

So far I have not had a load on them so all my driving today has been with just me in the Tahoe. I have found that with 5 or 6 psi in the bags it rides like they are not there ( bumpy, not solid ). If I put 10 psi I can feel the added firmness and I like the ride, but this raises the rear about 1/4 inch. With no bags I have just over 2 inches of rake so I would not want to add much more.

Zed 71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Offtopic but Zed how do you liek your EBC rotors/pads, any neg. issues with them?

The EBC slotted rotors and green EBC pads are awesome. Just took a trip to Yellowstone and the brakes were outstanding in the mountains.

The only minor issue I had were during break-in. They were really squeaky the first few hundred miles, but after that they are finally quiet. EBC has a different break-in then I am used to. Mild use during the 1st 200 miles, then the typical 60-0 hard stops to bed the rotors.

I would definitely buy them again.

Hurlz07Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know this is an old topic but its the only one I could find. I'm about to FINALLY install my airlift 1000 bags in the rear of my leveled (lifted) 07 Tahoe. I was thinking of putting the air fill valves inside the rear cargo area, on the driver side, inside the little compartment that faces the rear of the truck and opens with two quarter turn clips. Anyone think of doing this? Any reason why I shouldn't? Seems like a good place to hide them and keep them clean.

I also got the wireless controller with the on-board air compressor. Going to install both of these as soon as the rain stops here in Seattle (don't have a garage "sad face").

PhxIrn

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
This post is exactly what I was looking for too. I am planning a 2/3 drop on my 07 LT 2wd. Does anyone know if these helper air-springs fit into the bell-tech 3" coil?

LILC509

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm in the process of putting in a sound system that is going to weigh couple hundred pounds. This question came up to install these bags to help for it not sag but also if I go with a 2-3 drop kit do the bags fit in the aftermarket coils. Anybody has done this let us know.

LILC509

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Was yours a 2-3 drop? I was planning on your drop kit or the belltech drop kit 2-3 drop. Anybody with the belltech kit with the Airlift bags on? Since its a shorter spring the drop doesnt get caught between the coils due to it colapsing couple inches?

OP
OP
quick66ss

quick66ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LILC509

I just swapped the bags out of the Pedders springs to the stockers this weekend. I was going to include them with the Pedders kit but since my dad might use the Tahoe to tow his boat I transfered them to the stock coils. The fit is very close to the Pedders spring. The only difference is when you air them up on the drop spring the rear will rise up an inch. With the stockers the Tahoe did not rise up at all.

Mike

LILC509

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the info. Now I will not hesistate to buy a drop kit. Since I do some traveling to LA at least once a year. I load up the back with lugage and rims that I buy over there and bringing back home. Also with the custom audio that I will be putting in its approximately two to three hundred pounds.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Queen_313