air ride, best course of action?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jmznshana

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just did my compressor and rear shocks. They came from Arnott...

My factory Delphi compressor was seized up and grounding out internally. When I talked to Robert from Arnott he explained the reason these fail. 9/10 times the compressor fails due to the shocks... As the crappy mexican made shocks and the cheap rubber they use fails moisture is sucked into the system making it's way to the compressor causing it to rust and short out internally ....

If you are going to do the compressor do the shocks as your new compressor will just fail...

Took the old compressor apart and sure enough the drier when I went to empty it to rebuild it had a solid mass of rust and crap fall out of it.... The compressor itself was seized tight and you could clearly see water presence of moisture....

changed everything and it fired up... Almost... I did have a blown fuse (ign3 in the cab fuse box) that runs to the sensors that activate the system... fixed that and everything is ok now...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SylviaC56