Alright guys she's been lifted!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheRedSled

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Trail master sweet, thanks for the input. What size tires and rims, did you add any wheel spacers?

OP
OP
billowred

billowred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
35" Procomp mud tires with 16" Procomp wheels. No spacers needed.

TheRedSled

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have been reading that sometimes you still have to crank up torsion bars with lift. Is this true and did you have to with this lift. I would like to avoid screwing with the bars

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cranking the bars is the easiest thing in the world, if you can turn a wrench you can crank them up. I'm guessing you want to keep the angles and components in a safe range...1-1.5" of crank is not a big deal at that point

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I want to say 18mm. A quick breakdown on how t do this:

1) spray the bolts the night before with penetrating oil to loosen them up
2) measure the current fender height for a reference point
3)block the back wheels and jack the front end up until the tires just come off the ground
4) turn each bolt lets say 4 whole turns for starters
5) sit the truck back down and check the new fender heights
6) adjust side to side if needed or add a liitle more to both to get the look you are after
7)don't crank too much, ensure the control arms have some space between them and the bump stops
8) if all is good take a quick trip around the block to cycle the suspension a little and settle it back down. Double check the heights after that.
9) if you are happy with the heights after the drive go get an alignment.

Vigh_J

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your the man, it went good followed directions as instructed. Front was up about 2" prior to the drive and is now slightly above 1.5". Put some more air in the rear airbags and my yukon has a small lift in a matter of minutes for free, gotta love that. Will wash it tomorrow and take a couple pics, it's almost at the point where it might need some bigger tires but it still looks ok to me :)

AZ Yukon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
looks great....even tho I'm not gonna spend the $ swapin out or powder coating my chrome, you cant go wrong with all black wheels. They add alot to the look.

darin95yuk

Reaction score
she is sexy man!!!!! in the middle of a sixer on mine as we speak! good job!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scellybo100

Latest posts