American Muscle vs Ricer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TogaPC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First off I'd like to say that I hardly ever do this. My Tahoe is a daily driver and I'm a pretty laid back guy on the road. I just can't stand Ricers.

On my way to get a strawberry shake at Wendy's, I came across a Honda 4 door with the fart can exhaust. He turned the same way I did so as we were cruising through town I got up beside him and goosed it a little to which he replied with the vicious trumpet of his inline 4. It was almost like he was going the same place I was as he turned into the very shopping center in which Wendy's was located, so being the ass that I am, I decided to pester him a bit.

I pulled up next to him and asked "whatcha runnin' under there" as redneck as I could. He started telling me the list of AutoZone mods he had made to turn his 4 door family sedan into a rice-mobile. I politely held back my snickers and listened intently. Once he was done I asked if he wanted to race. He asked what I had done to mine. I told him about my Corsa Cat Back exhaust and my Spectre Cold Air intake and my Black Bear Tune and afterwards he agreed to race.

I never fully understood why torque is so important untill today. 5 times we got side by side and 5 times I gave him a head start and 5 times I let off at 90 and he was nowhere in sight. I even gave him a car length at a red light and blew by him at 60 mph.

My Tahoe is by no means fast. I know it's not a race car and it will never be. But it seems so sad that my 4800 lb family hauler can walk all over this guys light weight tricked out ricer. If nothing else I hope that ricer-boy's girlfriend (who was in the passenger seat the entire time) got a little pleasure from the vibration of my thundering Vortec V-8 as I blew by, because if ricer-boy screws anything like he turns wrenches I'm sure she needs all the help she can get.

Next time I hope I have my video camera.

American Muscle FTW

Last edited:

biggauges85

Reaction score
don't get flustered too bad now...i know how ricers live in fairy tale world but you gotta cut them a little slack. i mean come on, obviously they aren't too bright in the first place.

my 99 yukon is pretty much stock and i've taken out enough ricers for people to know who i am. i live yuma,az. this town has more ricers than you can throw sand grains on someones sandwich. but i learned a long time ago that there are always naive uneducated people and they never stop popping up. and i hate to stereotype but the truth is most of them are young. i am kind of young myself but i have been a gearhead since i was ten and i grew up around around old muscle cars.

most of these kids get the deer caught in the headlights look if you ask them for a metric crescent wrench (obviously doesn't exist). so next time just teach one of em' a lesson. ask them to race for pinks. chances are they will back out and if they are stupid to race then when he loses word will spread. some kids are just hard headed and have to learn the hard way.

but be careful not to race the real tuners. and by real tuners i mean the guys with dbb 60 trim srt-4's or wrx sti's or supras or rx-8's. you will lose.

TheBeast99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
awesome story bro :)
good thing you have a Black Bear tune.
my 99 Yukon is still stock too, so yay for 97mph governor. then again, i only race from 0-100 anyways - it's just my style. there's either a winner or a tie at that poiunt :p and that's that.

Spencer2009

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ricers are good for one thing and one thing only, gas mileage. thats why i drive my stepdads '94 Corolla with 220,000 on it most of the times when i got to my girlfriends 50mi round trip so i dont rack up the miles on my hoe or put dent in my wallet. Hehehe, he dont mind filling up a 10 gallon tank

JKmotorsports

Rollin the boosted grocery-getter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hate ricers also, with a passion. I love it when they think their 4 bangers and v6's are fast just because they added Autozone mods and then they get spanked by a 5K+ lb suv. I pick on them every chance I get.
What part of Austin are you from, btw?

Dylan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't pick on anything in my truck, I just throw my weight around a little. In houston you gotta. There are some serious sleepers out there though even if they're 4 cylinder.

blackcoffee

O.G. Black.
Reaction score
Don't mind me a nice Honda, though good luck catching me driving one ha.

HotCarl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is a difference between ricers and import tuners though guys. I hate true ricers, who think a 4 foot tall wing on a FWD car and type-r stickers give them 50 HP. They are morons.
However, a good buddy of mine had a built civic with a t3/t04 pushing 15 psi and ran 12's. It did feel like you were going to die when you rode in it however haha. He currently has an '05 STI and that thing is faaaaaast and handles like a dream. I'm not defending ricers, but don't be surprised when a v8 gets walked by a 4 cylinder.

TheBeast99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
oh ya, there are definitely some I4's that are fast, as well as 6's.
it's all about that lovely power to weight ratio. you get that right and you're golden.
i laughed tho when my co-worker said his 92 Sentra is pretty fast. and since it's modded up decently, i agreed with him. but then i retorted "ya, but could tow 4 of your Cracker-Jack toy cars with my Yukon. can YOU do that?"
>:-]

magnahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just embarrassed a guy in a civic on my way home. He was driving stupid weaving in and out of people. we pulled up to a stop sign and he tried to pass me on the right, i stomped on it and smoked him. I was stopping at all the stop signs while he wans't and still got to the end of the road first. Less weight doesn't make up for non-existing torque.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnfernandez1968