Another engine cooling fan problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CMoore409

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2005 Denali with 6.0. Twin factory electric cooling fans that now only run when AC turned on. Relays and fuses have been tested. Temp gauge still works so don’t think it’s the temp sensor unless I’m missing something there? I live in Florida so I need my fans working to keep my truck happy!

Marky Dissod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
GM OE fan turn-on temps - with AC OFF, or with not enough AC pressure - are VERY high.
GM OE fan turn-on AC psi thresholds are far more reasonable.

What you are missing, is a pcm tune. Among many other things that are even more dramatic and important,
getting your pcm tuned includes far more reasonable fan turn-on temps.

I recommend pcmperformance.com. BlackBear Performance also comes highly recommended, for a lil bit more.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
2005 Denali with 6.0. Twin factory electric cooling fans that now only run when AC turned on. Relays and fuses have been tested. Temp gauge still works so don’t think it’s the temp sensor unless I’m missing something there? I live in Florida so I need my fans working to keep my truck happy!
unplug the temp sensor and see if the fans turn on

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vengfullion