another LOUISIANIMAL in the house

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HELLAbeefy

Reaction score
Hey there every one!

Little run down of my self. Proud resident of deep south Louisiana so my grammar is probably going to be terrible. Like most from Louisiana i work in the oil field day in and day out. i picked up my 01 Tahoe LS about this time last year because my ex said my cars weren't safe enough for my daughter to ride in. I wasn't very fond of it but iv become to love this thing. Amongst the Tahoe i also own 99 Galant(wifes daily) 94 Miata(drift toy) and 90 Accord(my daily). well here lets move on to the description of my Tahoe name Chubby...

when i got the truck it was bone stock nothing fancy, nothing after market. First mod i did was the headlights. couldn't see any thing so i dug around the shop to find some old bulbs i had laying around from all my imports iv collected over the years and found some HB4 9005(high beam bulbs) and cut out the guides inside them so they would fit in the low beam pig tails. Well now i could see where i was going and added some hf fog lights to the front and leveled the front.

Then one foggy morning on the way to work a teacher decided to pull out infront of me and slam on her brakes in her brand new armana... well her suv was no tank compared to a Tahoe doing 55mph. even though her truck was totaled and her and the 7yr old in the truck were safe i was very proud that my truck only had cosmetic damage. bumper was smashed corner corner lights flew out and some one ran them over and my grill was cracked. 0 frame damage! whoop whoop!

Im trying to keep it as much stock as possible with light bolt ons. So heres a list of all Iv done. 9006 to 9005 mod. level front end. newer oem 17" wheels and taller tires. push guard. roof rack w/ fog lights. ram air intake. jl w3 10" factory sub replacement. pioneer deck. coolant reroute from tb. exhaust tip. debadged except for the grill and pulled the side moldings off

hopefully soon i can get new clears for the front. hd hood, bumper and grill(bc mine are smashed) with a newer z71 lower valance. and color match my door handles mirror caps grill and bumper plastics. i want it to be know that im not trying to pass my 2wd off as a 4wd. i just prefer the look for my street queen. most dirty my truck sees is pot holes and dirt roads to the dock to go off shore other than that shes my work/family vehicle

well here is a few pix of my ride hope yall enjoy them and hope to learn a lot from this forum!

Screenshot_2014-01-22-19-36-33_zpsortuzok2.png

20140117_074058_zpswmeisbwn.jpg

photo_13848105709f3a1378_zpszrnqiphv.jpg

PB233306_zpsedb2b380.jpg

my fleat of cars. i dont have the awd b20 civic any more
20130310_143526_zpsb8cfa56f.jpg

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
welcome bro. glad your mods included a guard. love the fleet. would like to do a b series build right now doing h series nos build

OP
OP
H

HELLAbeefy

Reaction score
Thanks to every one for the welcoming!

welcome bro. glad your mods included a guard. love the fleet. would like to do a b series build right now doing h series nos build

i went with a b20 bc a friend wrecked his crv so he "donated" it and the trans to me before the insurance company picked it up and i needed the tq to turn the knobby tyres i had on it(not the ones in the pic) it also had a 5" lift and 17" of ground clearance. i got the awd from a wagovan ;) it was the wife and Is weekend camping toy. loads of fun and even better when it would float over holes big trucks were getting stuck in!

im currently putting a H23 blue top in the accord with auto trans just to get a little extra umph out of it from the stock power house F20

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome! I'm in Lafayette and in the oilfield too. Actually on a deep water rig right now... Where in LA do you live?

OP
OP
H

HELLAbeefy

Reaction score
Welcome! I'm in Lafayette and in the oilfield too. Actually on a deep water rig right now... Where in LA do you live?

thats pretty awesome im from abbeville! im off shore right now too haha im in the high island field at the moment doing vessel inspections. im not too sure if u go or know about the weekly meets we have. thursdays 8pm at siagon noodles is the huge laffy meet normaly 40-70 cars and trucks. bikes come out every now and then. then theres the truck meet at b dubs on friday but not very many ppl show up maybe 15 trucks