Another Noob

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SHWELL

Reaction score
Hey all.. Great site, tons of useful info. I am a forum *****.

Purchased a 2005 GMC Yukon today.. I am not versed on trim levels or anything, but I got it for towing, camping, airsoft, and hunting duties. It is the perfect size without being too big.. Just a nice addition to all of my other toys.

Father of 3 (Girls), Retired Military Air Traffic Controller.

Look forward to familiarizing myself with this vehicle, as well as getting to know you all.

I guess I'll add a pic tomorrow when it is sunny.

Last edited:
OP
OP
SHWELL

SHWELL

Reaction score
Thanks for the Welcome.. First thing in the morning. Didnt bother takng any today, it was raining all day.

OP
OP
SHWELL

SHWELL

Reaction score
Yukonpics011.jpg

Yukonpics002.jpg

Yukonpics015.jpg

I'll get some better pics once it is clean..

Thinking of removing side mouldings, the pinstriping... Have a few issues to resolve with the engine (CEL mysteriously showed today), but nothing a quick inexpensive trip to autozone or dealer wont remedy. Radio/CD player issue... And a few customization add ons to make her mine. Again, nothing major. This is intended for recreational use.

Any tips, constructive critisism is appreciated. Owned for less than 48 hours.What you see, is what I got from the Seller.

Last edited:

chauncey0337

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good man. I see the truck came with the denali grill and windows tinted. Can't wait to see the progression on this truck. For demolding, may I suggest a heat gun to heat up adhesive, fishing line to cut adhesive and a 3M eraser wheel to remove adhesive.

Last edited:
OP
OP
SHWELL

SHWELL

Reaction score
Thanks.. All items in Garage... I used to detail as a hobby.. I will prob tackle that this weekend, and then hit it with the Porter Cable to clean it up..

Thanks for the input and advice.

JochenWoern

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good man. I see the truck came with the denali grill and windows tinted. Can't wait to see the progression on this truck. For demolding, may I suggest a heat gun to heat up adhesive, fishing line to cut adhesive and a 3M eraser wheel to remove adhesive.

^ +1!!!!! I think the truck looks great and I agree, the Pinstripe should go. Other then that, looking really good!!!!!!!

Is this a 4x4?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chevy100