Another P0300

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

intergalactron

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2020 Tahoe LT, 5.3 Flexfuel, 110,000 miles. It has a stored P0300 code. This code was set during a hard acceleration event (merging on an on ramp). Engine backfired, lost power, engine light came on and was flashing. I let off the gas and everything returned to normal. Engine light turned off within a few seconds. This has happened 3 or 4 times. All similar circumstances, but only the one time I noticed the engine light coming on/flashing.

Other possibly related symptoms: Occasional rough idle. Occasional poor shift quality. Occasional 'surging' (throttle held steady, engine rpm varying).

I'm at the beginning of trying to get this ironed out. Where do you suppose I ought to start looking?

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a 2020 Tahoe LT, 5.3 Flexfuel, 110,000 miles. It has a stored P0300 code. This code was set during a hard acceleration event (merging on an on ramp). Engine backfired, lost power, engine light came on and was flashing. I let off the gas and everything returned to normal. Engine light turned off within a few seconds. This has happened 3 or 4 times. All similar circumstances, but only the one time I noticed the engine light coming on/flashing.

Other possibly related symptoms: Occasional rough idle. Occasional poor shift quality. Occasional 'surging' (throttle held steady, engine rpm varying).

I'm at the beginning of trying to get this ironed out. Where do you suppose I ought to start looking?
Fuel pressures.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whiskey87