Any recommendations on a good roller timing chain set?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hephaestus

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm in the process of rebuilding a 5.7L Vortec for my 97 Yukon and just curious if anyone could recommend a roller timing chain for it... sites like summit, amazon, jegs, ect. don't seem to like my engine because specifying the engine never wields the desired results. I guess all I need to know is am I right in thinking the bottom end is the same as the earlier 5.7s? But if someone has had good results from a specific brand I'd love to hear it. Thanks!

retorq

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would do some more research, the Vortecs have a crank sensor behind the cover and that changed a bunch of stuff.

OP
OP
Hephaestus

Hephaestus

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yeah I'm a diehard fel-pro fan, but I wasn't sure about the sealed power stuff. Thanks for the advice.

OP
OP
Hephaestus

Hephaestus

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Found a single roller kit (chain, sprockets, and bolts) from Chevrolet Performance for $50. Double roller chains will not fit behind the timing cover. If anyone is curious the part number for the set is NAL-12371043. I found it cheapest at the dealer (I know weird). Thanks for the good info!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustGibby