Anyone have a NNBS Denali/ Escalade rear resonator I can buy?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TowGMC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last year I removed the rear resonator on my Denali and just put in a piece of straight pipe thinking I'd gain a bit of performance and perhaps a nicer exhaust tone. Well after a year of putting up with the resonance in the 1800-2200 rpm range I'm sick of it and want to put the resonator back on. But the muffler shop that did the work for me threw away the old part. So if anyone has one they removed I'd be interested in it. Has to be a 6.2L because the pipe diameter is larger.

So others will know, I saw absolutely zero performance increase with the rear resonator off. And the exhaust tone was only slightly more raspy. But the resonance has been hard to live with. The 1800-2200 rpm range is right smack dab in the middle of the highway cruising range.

What's interesting is that the factory resonator was a solid pipe all the way through except for a small 'scoop' about 1" across that extended into the exhasut path to catch some of the exhaust. Hard to believe that very little bit of scoop can remove so much resonance.

TheFuzz

Idiot Police
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess GM doesn't pay their engineers for nothing, hm? ;)

I was thinking of taking mine off and adding a piece of straight pipe in its place along with a magnaflow muffler, but now I think I'll just add an intake and leave the exhaust alone for the time being. Mine is only a 5.3 anyway.

OP
OP
T

TowGMC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess GM doesn't pay their engineers for nothing, hm? ;)

I was thinking of taking mine off and adding a piece of straight pipe in its place along with a magnaflow muffler, but now I think I'll just add an intake and leave the exhaust alone for the time being. Mine is only a 5.3 anyway.

I have a couple of friends with NNBS 5.3's that have done the rear resonator delete and don't seem to have the resonance problem. Probably because the pipe diameter is smaller?

TheFuzz

Idiot Police
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's very possible. Exhaust sound is a pretty subjective thing though...what is unbearable to some might not be a big deal at all to others.

My wife and I often find ourselves at opposite ends of the spectrum as far as car mods go, so its probably best that I don't tempt fate too much. :D

HOE-N-IT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the 5.3 and did the resonator delete and also got drone in that RPM range. I should have known that GM goes to the expense of putting resonators on these vehicles for a reason. :Stupid Me: I changed to the Corsa Touring exhaust and I'm much happier.

Last edited:

itsDLF

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
For what it's worth, I did the resonator delete on my 2011 LTZ and love it. Zero issues with highway drone. Love the sound at take off way better than w/ stock set up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrazyCoates12