Anyone have a prob with there auto start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Donovan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Similar issue if my check engine light comes on, the remote start will not work. Dealership has no idea what it is.

beelow

Reaction score
Similar issue if my check engine light comes on, the remote start will not work. Dealership has no idea what it is.

If you get the issue with your check engine light fixed then it should start working again. Remote start won't work if check engine light is on....says it in the owners manual. I have a 08 Hoe with factory remote start.

FMBL

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have not had a SES or check engine light since I bought it in Nov. 2011. The dealership said they have never seen one pop the hatch when trying to remote start.

GM Customer Service

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have not had a SES or check engine light since I bought it in Nov. 2011. The dealership said they have never seen one pop the hatch when trying to remote start.

I'm sorry you are experiencing this issue with your vehicle. So, the remote start is not starting the vehicle, but is opening the liftgate…is that correct? Would you please PM me the last 8-digits of your VIN so I may look into this further? Have you contacted Customer Service regarding this issue?

I look forward to your reply.

Louis
GM Customer Service

AZSCTACO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you tried holding down the lift gate button to try and remote start it? Maybe it's backwards or something. :)

FMBL

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm sorry you are experiencing this issue with your vehicle. So, the remote start is not starting the vehicle, but is opening the liftgate…is that correct? Would you please PM me the last 8-digits of your VIN so I may look into this further? Have you contacted Customer Service regarding this issue?

I look forward to your reply.

Louis
GM Customer Service

PM sent and yes the liftgate is opening. I have not contacted customer service.

Thanks

---------- Post added at 12:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:34 PM ----------

Have you tried holding down the lift gate button to try and remote start it? Maybe it's backwards or something. :)

Nope it opens just like the remote start does.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tahoe nate