Anyone have a write up for LEDing your headlight switch/

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Barman84

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ive searched and its not so great I get nothing and ive googled still get nothing. Just curious if anyone has done that. I have done my canyon and my 96 sierra so I am sure my Yukon 02 model will be fairly point blank and simple. Just like to read things before I go for it.

chauncey0337

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't think there's a write up but you just take the switch apart, locate the 12v, and solder some 5mm leds in with a 470 ohm resistor.

Big Buttons

The SS Burb
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you take out the switch you'll see a little black circle you twist it counter-clockwise and pull it out. Thats the oem light. If you can figure out which is pos and neg you can put in a led. On my to do list since i have all my window switches and cluster with leds.

OP
OP
B

Barman84

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I pulled it apart and there is a single light in there that seems to be pretty easy to swap out. I slapped an old LED on the bulb leads that were bare and it lit up and popped no resistor on it :)

I am off tomorrow and will be doing my entire front interior in red. I was going to go with blue but my truck is all blue and I want something different on the yukie... I am somewhat unhappy thought with the red LEDs in the guages it isn't as bright as I thought it should be...

Reaction score
did u use 5 smd led or the glass lookin 5mm one? i used the smd led in red and mines pretty bright. i used the 5mm glass lookin ones for my headlight switch ,window switch heater controls (all 3). like to do my factory radio anyone done this?

rocaloca

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
did u use 5 smd led or the glass lookin 5mm one? i used the smd led in red and mines pretty bright. i used the 5mm glass lookin ones for my headlight switch ,window switch heater controls (all 3). like to do my factory radio anyone done this?

What resistor did you end up using for the red led lights in the headlamp switch etc. I saw the write up but he used blue LEDs. I want to do it in red.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SBRKPRO