anyone running the stealthbox center console?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

norcalpilot

Reaction score
hey is anyone running the stealthbox JL audio 10" center console sub? the one that replaces the bottom half of the storage part? I'm either going that direction or a custom rear wheelwell setup. Id like to avoid loosing functionality of my cargo area... thats what drove the stealthbox idea... however the price is running 650$ for it. Seems kind of steep? any thoughts? or other options? should i just do a fiberglass 10" wheel well enclosure in the back wall? seems like the price would be pretty comparable ?

Effeckt

Resident Cards Fan
Reaction score
Another alternative would be to run shallow depth subs and put them underneath the rear seat.

OP
OP
norcalpilot

norcalpilot

Reaction score
I thought about that, but then I loose the fold down capability.... and of course... thats where I get down!!! lol :D

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
How? My box takes up the entire empty space under seat so the back ends cant go down. Actually that reminds me since I put the box in the bottom sections won't lock down either. Think it is the extra padding under carpet making it difficult.

OP
OP
norcalpilot

norcalpilot

Reaction score
Damn!, now I gotta do it

Ok, now I'm very interested!! Please explain. I take it that the seat slides forward over the top of the box and not down. Makes sense.

Can you recommend a Box / sub / amp combo? I'm not very experienced with Ohms and watts etc. I do want something quality tho. Prefer 1 amp to run all if possible.

I'm a moderate volume listener, sometimes loud, but its for me not the people outside the car. , and listen to everything.

I've got a stock head unit that will stay (keeping stock look) ...I replaced fronts with Infinity 6.5 reference and rears to Pioneer 6x9 (may switch the rears to Infinity reference as well).

I've ordered carpet so I guess now is the time to lay some wire.

second thought I'm not sure how the seat would fold with it under.....I have a 97' 2 door

Thanks

---------- Post added at 12:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:32 PM ----------

and Wick3D..... your page graphics kinda scare me :)

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
I don't think anything will go under rear seats 2 or 4 door if you want them to lye flat. Even mine still stick up at an angle with sub box in place.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustGibby