Anyone use carpet dye? Bleach accident!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

treehan77

TYF Fiend
Reaction score
Well this sucks. Person in front of my slammed in their brakes right after I went to the pool store. One 2 1/2 gallon container toppled over and the lid popped off. Splashed and flooded everywhere with 2x strength bleach. Yay.

Anyone ever use a dye or anything in their Tahoe/yukon that’s close to the OEM brownish color. The rest of this truck is really nice, looks like ass now

dps01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I successfully used RIT dye to restore sun faded carpet in my 1989 Reatta. Worked well, and am pleased with the results.

Took some trial and error mixing dye colors together to get the color close to the rest of the car.

Really important to start with a clean and dry carpet and allow the dye to dry completely.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The RIT instructions for fabric state that it doesn't work on material that's been bleached, unless they've changed that lately. YMMV.

dps01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The RIT instructions for fabric state that it doesn't work on material that's been bleached, unless they've changed that lately. YMMV.
Fless is correct…
it may be worth it to try a test spot… really no downside…

From the RIT website:

Bleach Stains and Sun Damage
Sun and bleach actually damage fabric, making it very difficult to dye. If you still want to try and dye a garment with bleach or sun damage, you could try using Rit Color Remover on the garment before dyeing. Unfortunately we cannot guarantee this will work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maraluco

Latest posts